Information and Communication Technology
Fuhuanites: REsponsible, Active Learners and Users of Technology capable of Higher Order Thinking (REAL HOT ICT)
To Nurture the Whole Fuhuanite with Quality Learning Empowered with Technology; To Empower Teachers to Design Quality Learning by Harnessing ICT
Teachers design ICT-aided learning experiences which promote self-directed learning and collaborative learning based on the Student Learning Space (SLS) Pedagogical Scaffold. Designed by MOE Educational Technology Division, this model provides the parameters for teachers to consider when designing a cognitively engaging learning experience which promotes students’ thinking, discourse and articulation of ideas and sharing of feedback.
ICT Integrated Programme for all Sec 1E/NA students
To complement Computer Applications Instructional Programme for Normal (Technical) students, all Secondary 1 Express and Normal (Academic) students will attain a baseline standard of ICT proficiency as well as Communication, Collaboration and Information skills after completing the in-house curriculum.
Coding Programme for Secondary 1 and 2 students
All Secondary 1 and 2 students are enrolled in a coding programme of 8 to 10 hours, to achieve the following:
- Be equipped with computational thinking and problem-solving skills through coding;
- To have extended learning from baseline ICT to advance computing skills;
- To apply coding skills in Mathematics, Science or coursework subjects.
Enhanced Cyber Wellness Education Package
Cyber Wellness education is provided for all students. It comprises the following:
- Cyber Wellness lesson packages, assembly programmes and class projects that focus on contemporary issues
- Cyber Wellness components in ICT Integrated Programme for Sec 1E and NA students
- Cyber Wellness Leadership and Advocacy Programme for Secondary 1 to 3 Ambassadors