Our Fuhuanites can and want to thrive
To make well-being visible so that we can proactively intervene and make changes in our students' lives. We do this through acknowledging the negative, but specifically working to amplify the positives and increase overall well-being, which impacts all areas of life.
The school develops well-being of our Fuhuanites through the 6 domains of visible well-being:
- Positive emotions : Create opportunities for students to experience and savour positive emotions such as joy, love, gratitude and contentment.
- Positive relationships : Help students develop social-emotional skills that strengthen their relationships with self and others.
- Positive engagement : Help students to experience complete immersion in activities and find sources of interest and passion in their lives.
- Positive health : Support students to develop sustainable habits for optimal physical and psychological health.
- Positive purpose : Encourage students to draw on their character strengths in ways that contribute to the welfare of others and the wider community.
- Positive accomplishment : Prepare students to embrace challenges with grit, determination, hope and a willingness to learn from their experiences.
All students will undergo programmes that will equip them with good foundation in their soft skills. Some of the programmes include Education and Career Guidance (ECG), customised Form Teacher periods, Secondary One Orientation, Secondary Two and Three level camps, Secondary Four Career Day and chit-chat sessions with their teachers.
Some other programmes to provide additional support to students include After School Engagement programme, Timeout programme, Advanced Elective Modules, Elective Modules and Integration programme for International Students and Permanent Residents.