Home > OUR School > Personal Data Protection Policy
Personal Data Protection Policy
This Data Protection Policy outlines the management of Personal Data in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act (“PDPA”).
This policy seeks the understanding for the purposes for which FHSS collects, uses and/or discloses Personal Data. This policy states the agreement and consent given to FHSS as well as authorised service providers and relevant third parties collecting, using, disclosing and/or sharing Personal Data as stated in this Data Protection Policy.
In this Data Protection Policy, “Personal Data” refers to any data or information from which a person can be identified either (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which the school has or is likely to have access. Examples of such Personal Data include Full name, NRIC Number or FIN (Foreign Identification Number), Passport number, Photograph or video image of an individual, Mobile telephone number, Personal email address, Thumbprint, DNA profile and any other information relating to the person that has been provided to the school in one form or another.
2. Collection of Personal Data
FHSS may collect Personal Data as follows:
- Through an application to join the school for work or study;
- Through an application to be a service provider to the school;
- Through the interaction with FHSS staff for official purposes;
- When responding to a request for additional Personal Data;
- When Personal Data is submitted to the school for any other reason.
3. Purposes for the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
FHSS may collect, use and/or disclose Personal Data as follows:
- Evaluative purposes;
- Educational and student care purposes;
- Administration purposes;
- Publicity and communication purposes;
- Verification and update purposes;
- Conducting research for statistical profiling and other purposes to review, develop and improve the services of the school;
- Conducting financial reporting and analysis related to the school operations;
- Managing the school infrastructure and business operations and complying with internal policies and procedures;
- Archival of documents and records ;
- Managing and terminating an employment relationship.
- Security purposes;
- Any other purposes which the school may notify you of at the time of obtaining your consent.
4. Administration and Management of Personal Data
FHSS will take reasonable effort to ensure that your personal data is accurate and complete. However, you must also update FHSS of any changes in your personal data that you had initially provided. FHSS will not be responsible for relying on inaccurate or incomplete personal data arising from you not updating FHSS of any changes in your personal data that you had initially provided.
FHSS will also put in place reasonable security arrangements to ensure that your personal data is adequately protected and secured. Appropriate security arrangements will be taken to prevent any unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, leakage, loss, damage and/or alteration of your personal data. However, FHSS cannot assume responsibility for any unauthorised use of your personal data by third parties which are wholly attributable to factors beyond FHSS’s control.
FHSS retain personal data in accordance with legal, regulatory, business and operational obligations. When FHSS cease retention, the personal data will be disposed of in an appropriate manner.
5. Withdrawal of Consent
Withdrawal of consent for the collection, use and/or disclosure of personal data in FHSS’s possession can be made in person at the FHSS office, by telephone or by email to email@example.com.
From such a request for withdrawal of consent being made, FHSS will process the request and thereafter not collect, use and/or disclose your personal data in the manner stated in your request. Please note that with the withdrawal of consent to any or all use or disclosure of personal data, depending on the nature of the request, FHSS may not be in a position to continue to provide the services or administer any contractual relationship that is in place. Such withdrawal may also result in the termination of any agreement with FHSS. FHSS’s legal rights and remedies are expressly reserved in such a case.
6. Access and Correction of Personal Data
Request can be made to have access to or make corrections to Personal Data records, but FHSS has the right to charge a reasonable fee for processing such a request. Such request can be submitted in person at the FHSS office, by telephone or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Contacting FHSS
For any question or complaint relating to the use or disclosure of Personal Data, or if more information about FHSS data protection practices is needed, please contact the FHSS office, by telephone or by email at email@example.com.